New consolidation of Thomas Mann network
The new network titled "Thomas Mann International. Das Netzwerk der Mann-Häuser" was commonly founded on Thursday, 21 December 2017.
At a symposium in Lübeck, five institutions from four countries, reflecting the essential life stations of the writer and Nobel laureate, joined forces to form the common Thomas Mann network:
- Buddenbrookhaus / Heinrich and Thomas Mann Center, Lübeck, Germany
- Monacensia in the Hildebrandhaus, Munich, Germany
- Thomas Mann Archives of ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- Thomo Manno kultūros centras / Thomas Mann Cultural Center, Nida, Lithuania and
- Thomas Mann House, Pacific Palisades, USA, Villa Aurora & Thomas Mann House e.V.
The transnational association of these institutions is a novelty.
In the future, the institutions want to jointly promote cooperation in various event formats as well as in the fields of science and exhibition. They will contribute their respective expertise as archives, libraries, museums, cultural centres, residences and places of remembrance.
ETH Zurich's Thomas Mann Archives (external link) welcome the joint initiative and look forward to participating in the network.