Video of the panel discussion Wikipedia and Academia?!
On the Swiss Archives Day, 9 June 2017, representatives from Wikipedia, archives and research discussed the ambivalence of academia and Wikipedia, as well as the contributions archives can make in this area.
As the following topics were discussed with particular intensity, they were selected for a highlights video on YouTube:
- The purpose, strategy and objectives of Wikimedia CH and the significance of relevance criteria for Wikipedia articles
- The value of Wikipedia from academia's perspective
- Kinds of transfer and boundaries of secure knowledge
- Critical questions on author transparency
- Opportunities and possibilities of networking among institutions, especially archives, on Wikipedia
- Possibilities to improve the interplay between academia and Wikipedia