At the Reading Room Collections and Archives you can consult those valuable holdings of ETH-Bibliothek that are limited to onsite use.
ETH Zurich University Archives
- Central facility for permanent preservation, and description of records of archival value from all organisational units of ETH Zurich and of the ETH Board
- The official records are complemented by actively taking over material from private ownership
Head Christian J. Huber: +41 44 632 07 04
- Preserves, describes and makes available photographic collections and photographs in personal papers.
- Preserves, describes and makes available film and audio material from private collections and events taking place at ETH Zurich
Head Nicole Graf: +41 44 632 80 81
Questions on using the resources: +41 44 632 07 97
- Topographical and subject-based maps from the 20th and 21st centuries with scientific-technical content
- Atlases and books, relief maps and globes, CD-ROMs
- Swisstopo geodata and orthophotographs
Head Dr. Meda Diana Hotea: +41 44 632 93 07
Questions on using the resources: +41 44 632 43 84
How to use the Collections and Archives
- The digitization of documents of the Collections and Archives is constantly proceeding.
- For reasons of conservation, most documents are only available for consultation in the Reading Room Collcetions and Archives.
- To consult documents of the Archives and Private Collections or the Image Archive please announce your visit in advance.
Study spaces for customers working with documents from the Collections and Archives.
4 public workstations for users of the Collectons and Archives (personal login required)
1 ArcGIS workstation: ArcGIS Desktop, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
1 public workstation with electronic overview grids (Toporama)
1 reader for microfiche
1 scanner for microfiche and microfilm
1 copier, A3, colour
1 copier, A2, black-and-white
1 flatbed scanner A3