For ETH Library's platforms, the legal notices below – disclaimer and/or social media, if content-wise correct – essentially are in use. Special conditions can be found on the individual platforms.
For ETH Library, the disclaimer of ETH Zurich (external link) is decisive as follows.
Although ETH Zurich takes all possible care to ensure the correctness of published information, no warranty can be accepted regarding the correctness, accuracy, uptodateness, reliability and completeness of the content of this information.
Liability claims against ETH Zurich because of tangible or intangible damage arising from accessing, using or not using the published information, through misuse of the connection or as a result of technical breakdowns are excluded.
ETH Zurich has not checked third party web sites, i.e. web sites not located on its servers or in its area of influence, that may be connected to this web site via links, and does not accept any responsibility for the contents or the services offered thereon.
ETH Library's netiquette (external link) is based on the one of ETH Zurich.
Please heed the following rules for comments:
- Comments must relate to the topic of the individual post.
- The posts by Social Media users on our Social Media pages do not necessarily reflect our opinions.
- Respect other users and their opinions. Remain fair and objective and bear in mind that the communication on this page takes place publicly.
We reserve the right to remove posts that do not conform to these rules without stating the reason.
The following contents are especially not permitted:
- Posts and comments with libellous, racist, discriminatory, sexist, pornographic, violence-glorifying, misleading or illegal content
- Statements that are lewd and obscene
- Personal attacks
- Spams, contact ads and other commercial content
- Activities that compromise the proper functioning of the Social Media pages and the uploading of documents that contain malicious viruses or the like
- Contents that contravene the rights of ETH Zurich, its members and third parties.
Furthermore, the Social Media Guidelines of ETH Zurich (pdf, 80 kB) (external link) (RSETHZ 203.24en) of 26 February 2013 are in effect.
- A randomly generated string of characters as an internal ID for each conversation
- The web address from which the chat form was being called
- The IP address of the device from which the chat service was being accessed
- Timestamps regarding beginning and duration of the conversation as well as the wait time between request and answer
This data is not shared with any third party and will be deleted daily on the service provider’s servers by ETH Library. ETH Library keeps an anonymized copy of the data without the corresponding IP addresses. The chat history is only stored locally and only for the duration of the conversation. The communication is encrypted via HTTPS.
Conditions of use
The conditions of use regulate the rights and obligations of the library and the users.