A large number of databases, for example Primo Central Index, as well as standards can be accessed at ETH Zurich. Search on the Knowledge Portal for the databases that are available or use the access by subject.
- All databases
- Access for members of ETH Zurich to licensed databases in the ETH Zurich network
- Access for all external users to licensed databases in the public areas of the ETH-Bibliothek
Information, tutorials and training courses
For the following databases we offer information, tutorials and training courses on request for groups of 5 people or more:
Primo Central Index
- Interdisciplinary database of scolarly information resources
- Made available by Ex Libris
- Search on the Knowledge Portal within the "Articles and more" tab
DIN, ISO, SNV, VDI
- The standards of the German Institute for Standardisation DIN, the International Organization for Standardisation ISO, the Swiss Association for Standardisation SNV and the Association of German Engineers VDI can be accessed in full text via the Perinorm database. Many DIN standards can be found in print by searching the Knowledge Portal with the norm number.
- Access to full text only for members of ETH Zurich via the ETH Zurich network.
- The collected standards of the Schweizerischer Ingenieur- und Architektenverein SIA and the Swiss Association of Road and Transportation Experts VSS can be viewed in hard copy or via databases held in the Baubibliothek.
- SIA standards are also available in print form the InfoCenter of the ETH-Bibliothek.
- Other construction standards can be found via the Knowledge Portal.
- The indices and commentaries of the standards of the Association for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies VDE can be searched on the Knowledge Portal.
- The standards of the ASTM (former American Society for Testing and Materials) can be accessed electronically in the ASTM Digital Library (external link).
- The standards are also available in print in the Annual Book of ASTM Standards. This work can be ordered for loan in the Knowledge Portal.
- The standards of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) can be accessed electronically at IEEE Standards (external link).