Web of Science Core Collection
Web of Science Core Collection (external link) is a comprehensive interdisciplinary, bibliographic database with article references from journals, books, proceedings, i.a. out of:
- Sciences and Technology
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences
Contains citations from scientific articles (cited references), enabling citation analysis (Who is quoting whom? Who is being quoted by whom?).
Access to this database is restricted to the ethz.ch domain due to licensing reasons. If you have any technical problems or questions about access rights, please contact the Database Helpdesk.
- For this database, we offer both regular courses and courses arranged by request for groups of five people or more. Please contact us.
- The content of the course includes subject-based searching, searching by author, citation analysis and the Journal Citation Reports (external link).
- Training Opportunities by Clarivate Analytics (external link)
- Journal Citation Reports Training (external link)
- Web of Science Core Collection – Quick Reference Guide (pdf, 4.04 MB) (external link)
Comparison Web of Science Core Collection – Scopus
|Comparison of||Web of Science Core Collection||Scopus|
|Contents – Journals||33,000 journals from more than 250 disciplines||23,000 journals (of which 3,600 are open-access)|
|Contents – Conferences||7.4 million conference papers||8 million conference papers from journals and conference proceedings|
|Contents – Patents||33 million patents from the "Derwent World Patent Index"||39 million patents from 5 patent offices|
|Contents –Books||60,000 single titles||562 book series with 150,000 single titles|
|Volume of data||100 million entries||69 million entries|
|References||from 1900||from 1996|
|Period covered||from 1900||from 1823|
|Coverage||global, with American focus||global, with European focus|
|Identification of authors and institutions||ResearcherID (authors must register)||author ID (assigned automatically), affiliation identifier|
related records (based on shared references)
related records (based on either shared references, authors or keywords)
incorporates "Journal Citation Reports"|
Bibliometric analysis with "InCite"
"Articles-in-Press" from more than 3,850 journals|
All Medline data are included.