The ETH-Bibliothek has electronic and printed holdings of books, reference works and language courses. Search on the Knowledge Portal.
E-books (electronic books)
- Full text versions available online
- Access for members of ETH Zurich to licensed e-books in the ETH Zurich network
- Access for all external users to licensed e-books in the public areas of the ETH-Bibliothek
- E-books from the Rare Books Collection are freely accessible online.
- E-book providers' platforms
- Most of the printed monographs are not freely accessible. The ETH-Bibliothek's stacks are not open to the public.
- Open access resources are available in the Baubibliothek, Bibliothek Erdwissenschaften, GESS-Bibliothek and Grüne Bibliothek.
- Most documents published after 1900 can be borrowed or else they can be viewed in the Reading Room Collections and Archives.
Books published before 1900
- With a few exceptions, the documents in the Rare Books Collection can be ordered online in the Knowledge Portal.
- They can be viewed in the Reading Room Collections and Archives but cannot be borrowed.
- Depending on the location of the stack, documents ordered are available for viewing in the Reading Room Collections and Archives within 3 to 24 hours. They remain available for 7 working days.
- Books which cannot be ordered online can be requested for viewing using a form: Antrag für die Benutzung von Sonderbeständen der Sammlung Alte und Seltene Drucke (pdf, 67 kB) (German). These books can only be used by prior arrangement.
- Research platforms with digital content from rare books
Digital textbook collection
Textbooks and standard works in digital form relating to all subjects
Reserve collection Study and Career Development
- Search and order via the Knowledge Portal. You can collect them at the circulation desk.
- German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and other languages from all over the world
- Various levels of difficulty (e.g. preparation for examinations)
- Most are supplemented by multimedia aids such as CD, CD-ROM, diskette, tape or video