Research reports are published by state institutions and research institutions.
The ETH-Bibliothek holds an extensive collection of printed reports from research institutions in Switzerland and abroad. Some reports from ETH Zurich are also available in electronic form.
Furthermore, the ETH-Bibliothek holds a collection of more than 2 million reports on microfiche.
- Subjects: technology and natural sciences, especially energy technology and nuclear research, but also covering social, economic and political fields
- Era: from 1910 to the end of the 1990s
- Origin: mainly from the USA, European countries and Switzerland
Searching and using Printed and electronic reports
Can be searched for and borrowed on the Knowledge Portal. Some reports from ETH Zurich are available as an electronic version with free access via ETH E-Collection.
Searching and using Reports on microfiche
Search the Knowledge Portal in the index "Articles, Reports" (access only on the ETH Zurich network). Narrow down the results according to type "reports". In the detailed overview of the search results, the "Order report" link takes you directly to the order form, where you can select different modes of delivery:
- Microfiches are made available in the InfoCenter and remain there for 7 working days. Readers and enlargers (with printer and PC) are available for viewing microfiches. You can print out or scan in articles or individual pages for yourself. Bring an USB stick with you to save the scan.
- In PDF format or a hard copy: our specialist staff can produce back copies on the customer’s behalf (max. 30 pages). There is a charge for this service: Fees (pdf, 140 kB)
- Reports on microfiche on loan: Delivery by courier or post. Microfiches can only be read using a microfiche reader.
Selection of websites for research and in some cases for obtaining reports, a fee may be charged: