Construction materials, resources
The ETH Materials Hub (MATHUB) is the materials platform at ETH Zurich for research and teaching. This collaborative project between the Department of Architecture and ETH Library currently focuses on information and materials samples from the field of the built environment. Alongside the collaborative online materials database (external link), in which seven other Swiss organisations participate, the ETH Materials Hub together with all of the media offerings of the Architecture and Civil Engineering Library, i.e. materials samples, technical literature, journals, films and other database offerings, comprise a comprehensive information repository on the subject of materials and the built environment.
- Students and teachers
- Specialists from the fields of architecture, civil engineering and materials science
- Persons and institutions interested in building materials and other materials
- The ETH Materials Hub has more than 1,500 materials samples and is constantly being expanded.
- Examples of materials and sample uses are available from all relevant areas, e.g. clay, ceramics, glass, metal, stone, plaster, limestone, cement, bitumen, synthetics, wood etc. These include both basic materials and processed or joined examples.
- Samples from teaching and research
An extensive, material-specific online database (external link) provides information on the origin, processing or production, technical properties and cultural and scientific backgrounds of materials. Increased attention is devoted to topics such as the sustainable use of raw materials and their recyclability.
The database is compiled and developed in conjunction with the Netzwerk Material-Archiv.