Images, photographs, graphics
ETH Library has a wide variety of important analogue and digital image holdings, including photographs, graphics and paintings.
- Paintings and assemblages; murals which are part of "Art in Architecture"
- Portraits of professors, cycle on the history of technology and industry in Switzerland, landscapes and cityscapes, abstract art from the 1970s
- The digitized images can be searched for via E-Pics Art Inventory (external link)
Collection of scientific instruments and teaching aids
- Historical instruments and teaching aids from institutes and departments of ETH Zurich since its foundation, including the collection of astronomical instruments, housed in the collection of scientific instruments and teaching aids
- Research via E-Pics collection of astronomical instruments (external link)
Earth Science Collections
- 3D scans of fossils, minerals and rocks from Switzerland and all over the world in the Earth Science Collection (external link)
- Searches via E-Pics Earth Science Collection (external link)
ETH Zurich's Collection of Prints and Drawings
- Switzerland's largest collection of printed works and drawings from the 15th century to the present
- Focus areas: old masters and Swiss prints from the 20th century
- Searches via Graphische Sammlung Online (external link)
- More than three million historical photographs, postcards, aerial pictures, portraits and much more in the Image Archive. Digitized images can be searched for via ETH Library's Search Portal (external link) and E-Pics Image Archive Online (external link).
- Digitized images of plants, insects and habitats by nature photographer Albert Krebs can be searched for via E-Pics Animals, Plants and Biotopes (external link).
Max Frisch Archive
- Max Frisch's personal papers: photographs, paintings and drawings in the Max Frisch Archive (external link)
- Digitized plant, insect and habitat photographs by leading nature photographers such as Albert Krebs and Hans R. Reinhard can be searched for on the platform E-Pics Animals, Plants and Biotopes (external link). Original petal analyses by Hans R. Reinhard can be searched for on the platform e-manuscripta (external link).
- Digitized, graphic, individual pages from valuable books and journals from the second half of the 15th century to the early 20th century
- Searches via ETH Library's Search Portal and E-Pics Rare Books (external link)
Thomas Mann Archive
- Thomas Mann’'s personal papers: photographs, paintings and drawings in the Thomas Mann Archive (external link)