The ETH-Bibliothek can offer you modern study spaces for your work and study. You can use the public workstations to carry out research and access our electronic resources.
Study spaces on the ETH-Bibliothek premises
- InfoCenter and inner courtyard (main building, floor H)
Reading Room Collections and Archives (main building, floor H)
Study spaces for users working with rare books, archive material, maps and images from the ETH-Bibliothek, which cannot be borrowed.
- Baubibliothek (HIL E 2)
- Bibliothek Erdwissenschaften (NO D 25)
- GESS-Bibliothek (IFW B 35)
- Grüne Bibliothek (CHN H 43)
Technical equipment for the study spaces
- Wireless LAN (access for students from other universities, see: SWITCHconnect)
- Network connections (laptop docking)
- Summary of locations in the main building
Public workstations for researching and using resources (personal login required)
- Reading Room Collections and Archives
- Bibliothek Erdwissenschaften
- Grüne Bibliothek
- ETH-Bibliothek HDB (Science City)
Printers are available. Payment by copycard.
Machines for copying, digitization and data processing
|Photocopiers||Various locations, used with copycard|
Saving on user's own USB stick
|Flatbed scanners, A3||
Reading Room Collections and Archives, Baubibliothek, Bibliothek Erdwissenschaften
Saving on user's own USB stick or memory card
|Colour printer (VPP), A3||Baubibliothek|
|Printer (VPP), A4, black-and-white||Grüne Bibliothek|
|Microfiche reader and enlarger (scanner)||
Reading Room Collections and Archives
|ArcGIS workstation||Reading Room Collections and Archives|
|Video player||Reading Room Collections and Archives, Baubibliothek|
Lockers are available in the ETH-Bibliothek, Baubibliothek, Bibliothek Erdwissenschaften and Grüne Bibliothek. They can be rented for a maximum of six months. Please contact the ETH-Bibliothek Customer Service or the Special Libraries.