ETH Library to reopen at two locations
Following the decision of the Federal Council to allow the reopening of the libraries with safety measures in place, the ETH Library at the Zentrum campus and the Architecture and Civil Engineering Library at the Hönggerberg campus will be offering most of their physical services again.
Locations and opening hours
- As the ETH buildings will remain closed until 2 August 2020, visitors are only able to access the libraries via the main entrances in the HG and HIL buildings, and are required to sign in and out.
- Opening hours are 8.00 to 20.00 Monday to Friday and 9.00 to 17.00 on Saturdays and Sundays in the ETH main building.
- Books can be loaned and returned at both locations. Quick queries and consultations are also available. Physical distancing and hygiene measures must be adhered to at all times.
Order and collect media
- NEBIS libraries are also reopening, and most of their services are available. This means you can collect and return books from other libraries in the ETH Library. Orders for media from the Zentralbibliothek Zürich is not available for collection at ETH Library buildings until 15 June 2020.
- Free postal delivery is no longer offered as orders can be collected from the buildings on the Zentrum and Hönggerberg campuses.
- Media that were available for collection before the closure can be collected from the ETH main building until 15 June 2020.
- Reminders and late fees will return to normal. You will not receive reminders for media that is overdue until 15 June 2020.
- We are happy to carry out searches in our physical holdings for you.
- Photocopiers, printers and scanners are not currently available for use by private visitors.
- A reduced number of study spaces is available for students in several buildings on the Zentrum and Hönggerberg campuses. Advanced bookings via the reservation system (external link) are required. The same applies to the study spaces in the Architecture and Civil Engineering Library and in and around the InfoCenter on the Zentrum campus.
Collections, archives and exhibitions
- On-site research in the holdings of the Collections and Archives at the ETH Library, including the Thomas Mann Archives at the Hönggerberg campus, are also open. Pre-registration is required. Please bring your registration confirmation with you.
- Museums and exhibitions remain closed until September 2020. Events and tours will not take place until this date.
To protect your health and the health of our library staff, we kindly ask you to keep your visit as short as possible if you have not reserved a study space. You can also continue to make use of our digital resources and contact options. Please do not visit the library if you are in an at-risk group.
Any questions? ETH Library will be happy to help.
#KnowMore – The prepared content issued by ETH Library is at your free disposal and gives you a head start.
#ETHLibraryDigital – The wide range of digital resources and services provided by ETH Library are always available – not just during the COVID-19 protective measures.