Think, check, submit: Making informed decisions in open access publishing
On Thursday, 26 May a public and free workshop takes place from 15.00 to 17.00 about open access publishing.
This workshop will provide an introductory presentation and facilitate an open discussion about critical questions that researchers have to address when publishing in today’s scholarly communication environment.
- Subscription journals vs. open access journals
- Open access repositories vs. academic social networks
- Quality standards in (open access) publishing
- Research funder open access policies and institutional policies
- Copyright issues
- Funding mechanisms
- Current and future support services from the library and other stakeholders
- Hands-on-session: Tools and databases for researchers
Please bring a laptop or tablet for the hands-on-session if possible.