Publishing in ETH E-Collection
ETH E-Collection (external link) is ETH Zurich's institutional repository. This ETH-Bibliothek service provides a publication platform for all members of ETH Zurich outside traditional publishing.
Materials relevant for research and teaching, such as lecture documents, dissertations, and research or conference reports, can be published easily and free of charge via the repository.
ETH E-Collection is also an ideal instrument for self-archiving of scientific articles that have already been published in journals.
Publishing in ETH E-Collection offers authors from ETH Zurich substantial added value:
- Research results can be published free of charge, quickly and fuss-free.
- The documents can be found via numerous search engines, including ETH-Bibliothek's Knowledge Portal.
- Access is possible worldwide, at all times and without any extra cost.
- Authors receive daily updates on access statistics.
- Every publication receives a DOI (Digital Object Identifier), which guarantees the citability and permanent traceability of the document.
- During the uploading process, authors can have the metadata of their publication automatically forwarded to the university bibliography ETH E-Citations (external link).
- The publications are archived on a long-term basis by ETH-Bibliothek.
All members of ETH Zurich (staff and doctoral, Master’s and post-graduate students) are entitled to publish documents that are relevant for research and teaching in ETH E-Collection.
- Papers (in the form of postprints or preprints)
- Selected Master’s theses
- Research reports
- Conference reports
- Annual reports
- Lecture material