Research data management: from theory to practice
Our workshop series demonstrates how you can retain control in the Open Science environment.
In collaboration with Scientific IT Services, ETH Library is conducting three consecutive workshops, each building upon the knowledge of the previous, which focus on the various elements of research data management along the research data life cycle. Register for individual workshops or for the entire series.The first workshop on 16 October 2019 offers an introduction to the basics of research data management (RDM) along the data life cycle, and discusses the role of Open Science in RDM. The workshop includes
- a discussion on rules and regulations by research institutions and research funders
- basics of data management planning and DMP writing
- principles of long-term preservation of research data
The second workshop on 23 October 2019 addresses data management and analysis for reproducible research, focusing on the following topics:
- introduction of best practices and tools for daily data management
- options for secure data storage and backup
- strategies and workflows for managing large data sets
The third and final workshop on 30 October 2019 focuses on open access and data publishing and includes
- an introduction to open access publishing
- a discussion on copyright and Creative Commons licenses
- an introduction to the Research Collection
- guidance on how to find a suitable data repository
The workshops take place from 9.00 – 12.00 on the Hönggerberg campus.Would you like to participate in one or more workshops?Further information and registrationFeel free to contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in the event of any questions.
#KnowHow – ETH Library’s infrastructure and tools lead you to your goal.