ETH Research Data Management Summer School 2020
Due to the protective measures around COVID-19, the Summer School 2020 will not be held as a classroom event. An adapted online substitute (including ECTS earning) is under preparation. Existing registrations will be maintained and new registrations remain possible. We will inform you as participants on further preparations in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.
This ETH Summer School addresses doctoral students and postdocs within the ETH domain. It gives you an extensive overview on research data management (RDM), its principles as well as its practical implications and on useful tools for early career scientists. RDM is vital for researchers to ensure the proper organisation of research data along the entire life cycle from creation to preservation including their sharing as open data (FAIR data).
- broad introduction to research data management and open science
- daily data management during the course of a research project
- reproducible data management and analysis
- open access to publications
- sharing and publishing research data
- outreach to researchers and the public
- long-term preservation of research data
- introduction to research data management with openBIS
- version control with git
- secure handling of confidential data
- reproducible computational environments for data analysis
- more workshops will be announced later according to your feedback during registration
Sessions include short presentations by ETH professors as well as other experts and will be complemented by practical workshops, where you can immediately apply knowledge gained during the sessions. A marketplace at the end of the summer school offers the possibility of 1:1 consulting to discuss open questions and problems concerning various topics in research data management.
When and where?
The ETH Research Data Management Summer School 2020 takes place from 15 June to 19 June 2020 online and addresses doctoral students and postdocs from ETH Zurich, EPFL and research institutions within the ETH domain (EAWAG, Empa, WSL, PSI).
Conditions of participation
Doctoral students can obtain 2 ECTS points for the Summer School. Participants must register for the Summer School and complete the program in full to receive the credit points. This includes pre-course work, full presence during lectures and workshops, writing a data management plan, and pitching their current research project.
Register now for the ETH Research Data Management Summer School 2020 (external link)
Closing date for registration is 10 May 2020.
The event is free of charge.