NMC Horizon Report > 2017 Library Edition published
The new NMC Horizon Report > 2017 Library Edition identifies a total of 18 topics that affect the work of academic libraries. These include:
- Continued focus on research data management
- Strengthening of the products’ customer-oriented design, including user experience
- Further improvement of access to library resources and services
- Improvement of library customer skills in the digital sector
- Use of big data technologies to improve the library services’ customer orientation
- Use of digital scholarship technologies
Other short, medium and long-term trends, challenges and developments are also in the report, which is freely accessible on the homepage of the New Media Consortiums (NMC) (external link).
The third edition of the NMC Horizon Report > 2017 Library Edition was presented to the public today, 23 March 2017, at the ARCL 2017 Conference (external link) in Baltimore (USA), which ETH Library is also attending. It arose from a collaboration between NMC, ETH Library, HTW Chur, TIB Hanover and ACRL.
ETH Library and HTW Chur will be holding a workshop entitled Outlook for libraries in the year 2027 – looking ahead from the key trends in the NMC Horizon Report > 2017 Library Edition at the 106th German Library Day in Frankfurt at the end of May.