COVID-19: ETH Library’s services until the beginning of June
Due to the emergency operation of ETH Zurich (external link), all physical locations of ETH Library are closed. The closure is currently planned to continue until 7 June, 2020. Information on our services from 8 June 2020 will follow shortly.
To ensure that ETH Zurich employees, doctoral students and other students can access information while working from home, we are offering the following services:
Free delivery of media
- Circulation and ordering of media (external link): Books and journals from the holdings of ETH Library, including the Special Libraries, will be sent to your home. You can keep the media until normal operation resumes or return the items using the return label. Unfortunately, we are unable to include in this service any media that you might have ordered or that were ready for collection before ETH Library closed. These items will remain ordered or ready for collection until after ETH Library reopens and will be processed normally at that time.
- Electronic article delivery (external link) (Document Delivery): We scan articles from journals as well as book chapters for you and send them to your e-mail address as PDF files.
We are offering this service free of charge during the period in which ETH Library is closed. Please allow for a delivery time of 48 hours, as we are working with as few employees on-site as possible in order to best comply with the coronavirus protective measures.
Digital services by ETH Library
- Especially during the period of the COVID-19 protective measures, use ETH Library’s digital services, such as the digital text book collection and e-journals. Please also take note of the overview page of freely accessible e-resources and find instructions for accessing electronic resources on our website.
- We would also be pleased to receive your suggestions for the acquisition of electronic content and will endeavour to ensure that it is acquired quickly.
- External library customers who are already registered can also use the E-Lending service to borrow scientific e-books.
- ETH Library staff can be contacted by e-mail if you need advice or have questions or suggestions and offer individual advice via Skype for Business (Book a Librarian).
- Media already on loan can be kept until ETH Library opens again. You will not receive any overdue notice.
- During the period of closure, it is not be possible to purchase new physical media.
- All events (exception: webinars) are cancelled until the end of June 2020.
- The exhibitions of ETH Library will remain closed until further notice.
Questions? ETH Library is happy to help.
Measures to protect the population are a top priority for ETH Zurich. With the physical closure of ETH Library, we are doing our utmost to contribute our part.
#ETHLibraryDigital – ETH Library is there for you digitally with various resources and services, not only during the COVID-19 protective measures.