Reading Room Collections and Archives
All locations of the ETH Library are reopening
Searches in the on-site holdings of the ETH Library’s Collections and Archives will also be possible. Registration is required.
In the Reading Room Collections and Archives you can look into documents, works, images and maps of unique holdings of the following collections and archives: ETH Zurich University Archive, Image Archive, Maps, Max Frisch Archive and Rare Books.
How to use the Collections and Archives
- The digitization of documents of the Collections and Archives is constantly proceeding.
- For reasons of conservation, most documents are only available for consultation in the Reading Room Collections and Archives.
- To consult documents of the University Archives or the Image Archive please announce your visit in advance.
Study spaces for customers working with documents from the Collections and Archives.
- 3 public workstations for users of the Collections and Archives (personal login required)
- 1 ArcGIS workstation: ArcGIS Desktop, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- 1 public workstation with electronic overview grids (Toporama)
- 1 reader for microfiche
- 1 scanner for microfiche and microfilm
- 1 copier, A3, colour
- 1 flatbed scanner A2 (storage device: USB-stick)