Study spaces, infrastructure
ETH Library offers you modern study spaces for your work and study. You can use the public workstations to carry out research and access our electronic resources.
The public workstations are available for researching and using resources.
- Members of ETH Zurich please register with the nethz log-in at the public workstations.
- Members of other Swiss Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences: please sign in with your institutional log-in.
External clients and customers need a separate login. You can use the registration form (external link) to register.
With the libraries.ch login can you search for one hour per day at the public workstations on the premises of ETH Library.
If you need more time for a comprehensive scientific research, you can apply for a Day-ticket.
There are study spaces for concentrated reading and studying at the following locations:
- InfoCenter and inner courtyard (main building, floor H)
Reading Room Collections and Archives (main building, floor H)
Study spaces for users working with rare books, archive material, maps and images from ETH Library, which cannot be borrowed.
- Architecture and Civil Engineering Library (HIL E 2)
- Earth Sciences Library (NO D 25)
- GESS Library (IFW B 35)
- Green Library (CHN H 43), Flexible group workstations (either a large or 2 small rooms) and lounge corner
- Hönggerberg Depot Library (no study spaces)
Technical equipment for the study spaces
- Wireless LAN (external link) (access for students from other universities, see: SWITCHconnect (external link))
- Network connections (laptop docking)
- Summary of locations (external link) in the main building
Printers are available. Payment by copycard.
Machines for copying, digitization and data processing
|Photocopiers||Various locations, used with copycard|
Saving on user's own USB stick
|Flatbed scanners, A3||
Reading Room Collections and Archives, Architecture and Civil Engineering Library, Hönggerberg Depot Library, Green Library|
Saving on user's own USB stick or memory card
|ETH printing service (for members of ETH)||Architecture and Civil Engineering Library, ETH Library, GESS Library, Green Library|
|Microfiche reader||Architecture and Civil Engineering Library|
|Microfiche reader and enlarger (scanner)||
Saving on user's own USB stick or printing via printer
Reading Room Collections and Archives
Printing via printer
|Graphics stations||Architecture and Civil Engineering Library|
|ArcGIS workstation||Reading Room Collections and Archives|
|Video player||Reading Room Collections and Archives, Architecture and Civil Engineering Library|
Lockers are available in the ETH Library, Architecture and Civil Engineering Library, Earth Sciences Library and Green Library. They can be rented for a maximum of six months. Please contact ETH Library Customer Service at the Circulation Desk or the Special Libraries.
Recharge your mobile devices
At the information desk of the InfoCenter we will be glad to recharge your mobile devices. Please bring your own charging device.
In the foyer, a battery doctor is available to reload batteries of smartphones and tablets.