ETH Library to reopen at two locations from 8 June 2020
Currently, the ETH Library at the Zentrum (HG) and the Architecture and Civil Engineering Library at Hönggerberg campus (HIL) are open. You can order media from all our libraries and pick them up at the HG or HIL. Please note that it may take longer than 24 hours to get your orders ready for collection, as we only work with a limited number of staff in the still closed units.
The InfoCenter is your main point of contact for questions and searches. It also has study spaces and public workstations as well as reference collections such as newspapers, technical journals and reference works.
- Information: advice, counselling, help with searches, receiving acquisition requests
- Customer Service: new registrations, renewing your library user, cardfees, reminders
- Tablets: iPads and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 available to try out and borrow on site
- At the information desk we will be glad to recharge your mobile devices.Bring your own charging device.
- National and international journals and newspapers
- 650 scientific journals
- Reference works and dictionaries related to the subject areas at ETH Zurich
- Reserve collection on study and career development
These reference collections are freely available but cannot be borrowed.
- 150 study spaces with Wireless LAN (external link)
- 30 public workstations (personal login required). Please register on libraries.ch (external link).
- Lockers for a day (key available at the InfoCenter)
- Permanent lockers (key available at the Circulation desk)
- 1 printer
- 1 book scanner. Save your digitized data on a USB stick
- 1 scanner for microfiche and microfilm
- 4 photocopiers, A4, A3, black-and-white
Free tool loans for members of ETH Zurich
A list of the tools is available on the Search Portal (external link).
Please order by email to email@example.com, stating your user number. The tools can be collected from the Architecture and Civil Engineering Library.
Or come to the counter in person.
Borrowed tools are booked to your user account. ETH Library’s normal loan and reminder periods and fees apply. The tools are borrowed via the ETH Card free of charge. The maximum loan period is three days. ETH Library’s usage regulations apply.