For ETH Library's platforms, the legal notices below – disclaimer and/or social media, if content-wise correct – essentially are in use. Special conditions can be found on the individual platforms.
For ETH Library, the disclaimer of ETH Zurich (external link) is decisive as follows.
Although ETH Zurich takes all possible care to ensure the correctness of published information, no warranty can be accepted regarding the correctness, accuracy, up-to-dateness, reliability and completeness of the content of this information.
Liability claims against ETH Zurich because of tangible or intangible damage arising from accessing, using or not using the published information, through misuse of the connection or as a result of technical breakdowns are excluded.
ETH Zurich has not checked third-party web sites, i.e. web sites not located on its servers or in its area of influence, that may be connected to this web site via links, and does not accept any responsibility for the contents or the services offered thereon.
ETH Library's netiquette (external link) is based on the one of ETH Zurich.
Please heed the following rules for comments:
- Comments must relate to the topic of the individual post.
- The posts by Social Media users on our Social Media pages do not necessarily reflect our opinions.
- Respect other users and their opinions. Remain fair and objective and bear in mind that the communication on this page takes place publicly.
We reserve the right to remove posts that do not conform to these rules without stating the reason.
The following contents are especially not permitted:
- Posts and comments with libellous, racist, discriminatory, sexist, pornographic, violence-glorifying, misleading or illegal content
- Statements that are lewd and obscene
- Personal attacks
- Spams, contact ads and other commercial content
- Activities that compromise the proper functioning of the Social Media pages and the uploading of documents that contain malicious viruses or the like
- Contents that contravene the rights of ETH Zurich, its members and third parties.
Furthermore, the Social Media Guidelines of ETH Zurich (pdf, 80 kB) (external link) (RSETHZ 203.24en) of 26 February 2013 are in effect.
ETH Library uses the software Libraryh3lp (external link) for the chat service on this website and the Search Portal. The following data is stored temporarily on the service provider’s servers:
- A randomly generated string of characters as an internal ID for each conversation
- The web address from which the chat form was being called
- The IP address of the device from which the chat service was being accessed
- Timestamps regarding the beginning and duration of the conversation as well as the wait time between request and answer
- The chat history
This data is not shared with any third party and will be deleted weekly on the service provider’s servers by ETH Library.
ETH Library keeps an anonymized copy of this data without the corresponding IP addresses for quality assurance and for improvement of the service.
Communication is encrypted via HTTPS.
ETH Library’s WhatsApp service
ETH Library’s WhatsApp service uses the regular WhatsApp service. Data is transmitted in encrypted form via the servers at WhatsApp Inc. ETH Library has no control over the data stored by WhatsApp.
ETH Library retains the following data for a maximum period of one year for quality assurance and for improvement of the service:
- A randomly generated string of characters, used for internal identification of the conversation.
- A timestamp showing the start and the duration of the conversation, as well as the wait time between request and answer.
- The anonymized conversation history (without personal user data, such as telephone numbers)
Conditions of use
The conditions of use regulate the rights and obligations of the library and the users.