All dissertations from ETH Zurich are held by ETH Library. The holdings also include selected dissertations from other institutions.
All dissertations from ETH Zurich are available in print and electronic form (full text or summary version).
Dissertations from other universities are available in print form.
Searching and using
Dissertations from ETH Zurich are also indexed on ETH Library's Search Portal. with a link to the full text or summary version (depending on whether the author has consented to the publication of the full text).
Dissertations from ETH Zurich can also be searched in the Research Collection (external link), ETH Zurich's publication platform .
Searching directly in the ETH E-Collection includes the following additional options:
- full text search
- browsing by subject field, author, organisational unit, document type and year
All dissertations can be borrowed as a print copy.
Dissertations from other universities
Dissertations from other universities are listed in the catalogues for the relevant libraries. A number of universities operate document servers on which dissertations in electronic format can be accessed.
- Archive ouverte UNIGE: (external link) University of Geneva
- Cyberdocuments RERO à l'Université de Lausanne: (external link) University of Lausanne
- e-Doc UNI BASEL: (external link) University Library of Basel
- EDIS: (external link) University of St. Gallen
- eThesis: (external link) University of Freiburg
- RERO DOC: (external link) RERO Network
- Thèses de l’Université de Lausanne: (external link) BCU Lausanne
- ZORA – University of Zurich: (external link) University of Zurich
- Dissonline und Online-Dissertationen an der Deutschen Nationalbibliothek (external link) – Portal of the German National Library: electronic dissertations from Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) (external link) – Mainly electronic dissertations from the USA and Great Britain, also from Canada and European countries
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal (external link) – Electronic dissertations and other theses from Europe
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (external link) is the most extensive reference database for American dissertations (without full text).
Research reports are published by state institutions and research institutions.
ETH Library holds an extensive collection of printed reports from research institutions in Switzerland and abroad.
Printed reports can be searched for and borrowed via ETH Library's Search Portal (external link). Some reports from ETH Zurich are available as an electronic version with free access via Research Collection (external link).
Reports on microfiche
Furthermore, ETH Library holds a collection of more than 2 million reports on microfiche.
- Subjects: technology and natural sciences, especially energy technology and nuclear research, but also covering social, economic and political fields
- Era: from 1910 to the end of the 1990s
- Origin: mainly from the USA, European countries and Switzerland
Search the database National Technical Reports Library (NTIS) (external link) and order the report via the link "Artikel bestellen" from ETH Library.