Services for doctoral students at ETH Zurich
ETH Library offers services tailored especially to doctoral students at ETH Zurich.
The Research Collection is ETH Zurich's publication platform and can be used as a publication directory, open access repository and research data repository. Find out about the features and advantages of the Research Collection.
ETH Library will advise you on the following topics:
- Legal issues concerning the open access publication of your doctoral thesis in the Research Collection
- Funding for publications in open access journals
- Obtaining DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) for your doctoral thesis, other publications and research data
- Obtaining an ISBN number for your doctoral thesis
- Your researcher profile on ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID)
- Reference management with Mendeley Institutional Edition, EndNote or Citavi
Managing and archiving research data
ETH Library offers advice on conceptual and practical issues of Research Data Management (RDM) and long-term preservation. We support you during the creation and review of Data Management Plans (DMP).
Workshops and courses
Attend our workshops and courses on information research, open access publishing, research data management and reference management or book an individual consultation (Book a Librarian).
- Resources sorted by subject: Here you can access the electronic resources that are accessible at ETH Zurich and other information, sorted by subject
- Digital library: ETH Library offers access to extensive electronic resources. It assists members of ETH Zurich with services relating to e-publishing and digital curation. Simultaneously, it provides digitized documents from its collections and archives through online platforms.
COVID-19: Offers and services
- Postal delivery during closing/digital services: We are offering free delivery of media to members of ETH Zurich during the closing period.
- Freely accessible e-resources: An overview of the various electronic resources that are generally attractive for academia and research on the one hand, and that deal specifically with research on COVID-19 on the other.
Doctoral students also benefit from the services for members of ETH Zurich.