Services for doctoral students at ETH Zurich
ETH Library offers services tailored especially to doctoral students at ETH Zurich.
The Research Collection is ETH Zurich's publication platform and can be used as a publication directory, open access repository and research data repository. Find out about the features and advantages of the Research Collection.
ETH Library will advise you on the following topics:
- Legal issues concerning the open access publication of your doctoral thesis in the Research Collection
- Funding for publications in open access journals
- Obtaining DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers) for your doctoral thesis, other publications and research data
- Obtaining an ISBN number for your doctoral thesis
- Your researcher profile on ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID)
- Reference management with Mendeley Institutional Edition, EndNote or Citavi
Archiving research data
The Digital Curation Office will advise you on technical and conceptual issues regarding long-term electronic archiving, managing research data and compiling data management plans. The latter is especially important for anyone who would like to submit an application for funding to the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Attend our workshops and courses on open access publishing, research data management and reference management.
Doctoral students also benefit from the services for members of ETH Zurich.